View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #51
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J View Post
We have a single door, GE 8cu electric fridge on our 250bhs.
The fridge sits on the slide out.
I found this thread in my search; our fridge fan runs continuously; frost inside. Although it does seem to remain cold. It was more the noise and continuous running that I was investigating.

What is worrying reading this thread is our slide-out has no external vents on it.
This thread is in reference to "gas absorption refrigerator use". That technology requires exterior venting to remove the hot air from around the cooling fins that is caused by the "excess heat from the gas flame or the electric heating element" that creates the "condensing/evaporation" process.

There's no telling what Keystone may have substituted in your trailer based on component shortages/component availability, but the "standard build" in the Bullet 250BHS is a Dometic gas/electric 8 CUFT two door refrigerator and the "optional build" is a GE 12 volt compressor driven 10.8 CUFT two door refrigerator. I'm not sure that GE even builds a 8 CUFT 12 volt single door refrigerator that's intended for RV use.

At any rate, if you do not have exterior venting for the refrigerator, then your refrigerator is NOT a gas absorption system. You have a "DC compressor refrigerator". Battery power drives a compressor that causes the "condensing/evaporation" process. There is no "excess heat from a burner flame" and no need for exterior venting in your refrigerator. It's an entirely different "system technology".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote