View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audionut View Post
Thank you for the good info. I think I have decided to go with the Carlisle Trail HD Trailer Radial, it seems to get mostly good reviews. So I will just need to take the trip up to storage and crawl underneath to see what ratings they have.
I've been running Carlisle Radial Trail tires for the past 8 years. The previous ones in 2011 and 2015 were Radial Trail RH and the last set is Radial Trail HD. The RH was replaced by the HD in 2016. I've had excellent results with the Carlisle Radial Trail tires and once you get a chance to compare them "side by side" to the TowMax, I think you'll easily see why they give better service and reliability.

As for metal valve stems, don't expect your tire store to have metal stems that will fit the trailer wheels. Typically they have metal stems that will fit a steel wheel, but the greater thickness of aluminum wheels means those stems are too short and won't fit. If you want metal valve stems, check with the installer and see if they have stems that fit your wheels, otherwise, order them from a Ford dealer or locate them online and have them on hand for the installer. If not, chances are you'll wind up with rubber valve stems as they're the only ones that won't leak. BTDT

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote