View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #130
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
[COLOR="Red"]

I have only had one instance where my trade in was totally undervalued.
I do my homework on used vehicle values. If the offer is not to my liking I walk.
I worked for Chevy and Ford/Lincoln dealers at times when I wasn't a cop off and on from 1976 until 2012. Trust me when I say, the house never loses. All you know is the new vehicle MSRP. They know the true invoice on their new inventory and you'll never know what they have in a used vehicle.

It's the same old game, they wouldn't stay in business if they weren't making money. Let's just say that I've seen the deal after the sale and it doesn't always match the final sale paperwork that the customer has in their hand.

But if you can make a deal that you're happy with, go for it. In todays market you would do better to sell your trade outright. That said, if you're upside down or recently bought something and want to move it, trading might be your best course.

The really successful car/truck salesmen I have known aren't so much experts on the vehicles they sell as much as they are very good at reading the people that come into the dealership. It is a profession, I'll give them that.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote