View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 08:31 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
So there is a one way valve at the city water inlets on all trailers? Or most? I had no idea this even existed but this is good information to retain incase of issue further down the road.
The one way valve is an integral part of the city water connection on all trailers that I've seen. If you think about it, if there wasn't a valve, when you don't have a hose connected that closes the hose connector, when you turn on the water pump, water would "flow out the city water connection" until the fresh water tank is empty, then it will "just blow air until the battery dies or the pump burns up"....

That one way valve is "required for normal operation" and is either a part of the city water connection panel (on most Keystone products) or is directly behind it and installed in the PEX line.

This diagram should depict where it's installed and why it's required to be there.

ADDED: I always carry a "garden hose cap" (that screws onto the end of a garden hose). If the one way valve malfunctions or starts leaking, which they occasionally do, I can put the cap on the city water connection and prevent the water in the fresh water tank from being pumped out of the trailer. You can do the same with a "Y" connector that has two ball valves in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	city water diagram.gif
Views:	82
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	35082  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote