View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 05:54 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNTFREE View Post
It does do the same cycling thing on shore power but never has popped a breaker, even on a 30 Amp hookup. It just cycles and keeps working. I was thinking the same thing, restarting against pressure would spike the amps, not sure why it cycles though.
The Air Conditioner is on its own 20 amp circuit breaker, so that "should" open before the campground 30 amp breaker (depending on what other loads you have drawing power inside the trailer)...

The compressor has a thermal overload built into it. If that thermal device senses the compressor overheating, it will "cycle off" until the compressor cools and the thermal overload resets. So, the cycling may be a symptom of the compressor overheating and shutting down to protect itself from burning up. Then, when it does "cycle on again" the head pressure is just too great for the "surge wattage in the generator"...

I'd guess that if the air conditioner is not tripping its 20 amp breaker and it's working on 30 amps from shore power, then your generator may be "sensing a pending load above the continuous rating and shutting down to protect itself... That would probably be normal, not a "failure of the generator"...

My "long distance guess" is an overworked 13.5K a/c that has a compressor that's giving it's heart to try to keep you cool and just can't keep up with the temperature.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote