View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #1
NATAMES

Beware of the "Blind Appraisal" or "Blind Offer"

Title says it all. And that's exactly what it is. A Blind scam that butters you up to get your feelings hurt.. I purchased a new No Boundaries 19.6 TT yesterday. I brought my 2018 kz 181bh in for trade. My wife cried, she loved that camper and the memories ending at the hitch.

A week or so ago when I called to inquire about the new 2021 No Boundaries 19.6 I called the dealer to get some questions. They mentioned since a 2021 and new 2022 would be coming in, they are discounting it $6000 and some change. They asked about my trade in. I fell their short "Blind Appraisal" and I said this KZ 181BH is immaculate. They said well if it is as good as you say it is, we will give you $10k for it. I said yeah right. They said honest. The demand for used campers right now is red hot. I said ok so $10k is the retail or your offer? They confirmed $10k offer. I get there yesterday and let's just say they weren't impressed with my pampered camper. The salesman started pulling the flaking details off the slide. I said what in the hell are you doing? He said don't worry we are going to replace them anyway. Yeah well, it's still mine I said. They offered me $7,000 flat for it. I sais what the hell happened to $10,000? They said huh? That is the lowest retail value for it right now. Actually it's $10,600 in this condition.
So just a heads up, if they are gonna do a "Blind Appraisal," the value they offer you is a absolute lie that is looser than a mans butt after eating taco bell.
NATAMES is offline   Reply With Quote