View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_S View Post
Hello and good afternoon community... been a long time reader and researcher, but first time I needed to post - hoping someone can help me out.

We have a 2018 Keyston Bullet 277 BHS. This has the 3500# Dexter axles, wide stance.

We broke a leaf spring on our way home from our summer camping trip last week. Didn't think it was that big of a deal until we saw the damage it did. The drivers side rear leaf broke, and the equalizers of course rolled forward all the way, lowering the frame significantly. The carrier bolts for the leaf springs on the passenger side bottomed out on the frame causing the bolt heads to pierce the propane line that goes all the way down the frame rail! Luckily nothing sparked, but wow, what a shocker!

So now what I thought would be the easy part... order 4 new leafsprings, replace them, and then replace the propane line. To my surprise, the leadsprings are incredibly hard to source. No part # on the leaf itself, and every authorized Keystone repair shop I have called will not return calls or email, or just cannot get them.

I went to a local show who specializes in gears and axles, and he is not able to match up anything either. He did the measurements, and says these are 16X16 tapered mono-leaf.

Does anyone know of a part number or an alternative part that would fit?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
May be a better option to buy four new upgraded leaf springs and forget trying to match them… seems like either your overloaded or have underperforming springs…and the other one on that side has likely been over stressed having to bear all the weight

Edit : sorry for reposting the pictures. 2nd edit : geez did I even read the post thoroughly? I see you are searching for four new springs…forget this post