Thread: Rv gps
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #27
Spletbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasin1 View Post
I just purchased the garmin rv785
It’s pretty nice. Has built in dash cam , pairs with your phone for the garmin drive app that has traffic and weather. I also bought a bc 35 rear camera for it but haven’t really dialed that in yet. There is no extension cable for the bc35 available so you have to mount the transmitter back towards rear of rv and I’m trying to see if that is going to work. I wanted one complete solution for the dash. Not multiple display units. If you go for the garmin 780 you can get the bc 30 camera and they have a 50 ft extension cable so you can mount transmitter in battery compartment . You would have to run camera wire down through rv in back to connect to extension cable. The 780 and 785 have both recently been on sale because garmin came out with a larger version.
Garmin seems to come out with multiple similar units sporadically

I gave up on phone based trucker apps because they froze at critical exits a few different times

Even if I get a different backup/observation camera I will probably keep the garmin gps
None are infallible. We have 5he Garmin, CoPilot, whatever runs on Trip Wizard, and he stock Ford system. They are inconsistent and none has shown less wrong turns than another. We tend to use a couple at a time and couple them with our instincts/logic/common sense and make conservative decisions. More than one “wrong” route every year if we fill them blindly.
Cooper and Penny (pups)
Spletbr is offline   Reply With Quote