Thread: Rv gps
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #26
jxnbbl

This seems to work....

Although I'm use to Waze, mapquest and Connect (Ram/chysler) I realized this would be a problem for our long first trip since we need 11' of clearance and possibly propane restrictions, etc. So I used the good sam trip planner as to map out the major route and then compared with the mapping of, for instance Waze. If they were different I just entered intermediary points where there was a different route and readjusted when we got there (as it was usually 100+ miles away and really there were not that many.

Due to this thread I downloaded the app "TruckMap" and just redid our trip virtually. Intentionally putting in addresses of places where I *know* the 30 ft trailer would be a problem. This seemed to work in all cases.

I do want to note that we live in a town where the 'main entrance' is a covered bridge. You would not believe the number of delivery truck following their gps tear off a corner of trim or something every year. TruckMap (as well as the good sam planner) diverted us around the bridge and the 3 or so other restricted areas that I could remember on the trip
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote