View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 01:56 PM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperklahowya View Post
thanks, I think they installed lithium batteries and left a converter that is not compatible. WFCO website recommends this...
https://wfcoelectronics.com/product/...center-series/

Can I keep the panel and just upgrade the converter?
Or is it a combo deal?

thanks for the help.
Pretty lame on the dealer's part.
It sure is "lame on the dealer's part" !!!!! But in the dealer's defense, most dealer sales people don't talk to the service people, so if you had the salesman write up the upgrade to lithium batteries, chances are VERY GOOD that the parts people didn't make the connection and the service people just installed what the parts department sat in the trailer door when getting everything ready for the PDI...

If the batteries were installed "at the factory" as a part of an optional OEM upgrade (yes the factory does supply lithium batteries as an option), then it's "on the factory" and they should have upgraded the converter/charger before shipping the trailer....

Without knowing "where your batteries were installed" (dealer or factory) it's hard to "determine who to blame"....

All that said, to answer your question: Yes, you can just purchase a standalone converter/charger and pull the existing one, install and connect the LI/LA capable converter/charger in its place... It's an easy swap if you've got some basic electrical knowledge.... If you don't know the difference in a fuse and a circuit breaker, then it's probably something you'd want to get the dealer to do....

AND, after the dealership "screwed up the lithium battery installation, I'd first talk to the service manager, put the "blame on whoever installed the lithium batteries in a "lead acid trailer" and see if you might be able to "sweet talk them into fixing the issue as part of the trailer PDI"..... Who knows, maybe they will accept the repair as an "Oops we made a mistake".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote