View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 05:39 PM   #15
firestation12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
Anyone put a Starlink in their trailer yet I am thinking about purchasing one for the house but I like the Idea of its portability. If you have, where do you position the antenna? I know that there is a mobile version but I am looking at the stationary version.
Love my portable Starlink. I wouldn’t have any phone service, wifi or streaming without it. The ability to pause the service i.e. stop paying for unused periods, is a plus feature for the portable model. If you do purchase the fixed system, know that the more expensive (I mean WAY MORE EXPENSIVE) “in motion” model uses 2 120 volt circuits to power the system. I placed my antenna on a slideout roof and run the cable through the slideout’s seal near the bottom to prevent rain entering. I ordered sand bags for weighting down photography light stands purchased from amazon. In lieu of sand, I used 16 oz water bottles (3 in each pouch) and zip tied them to the Starling antenna. A rubber mat was placed under the Starlink’s tripod legs. Since we are parked for the foreseeable future, I have no need to constantly remove it.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote