Thread: WDH Noise
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2023, 03:47 PM   #9
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Sorry to disturb you this morning Jasin....that was probably me leaving the campground.

I have 'sway bracket jackets' and clean and lube my Equal-i-Zer regularly at the points specified in the manual (there are also helpful stickers on the head to indicate the correct spots). One of these areas is where the sockets tuck into the head. I actually put a bar in place and swing the sockets out as far as possible, clean up the old grease/grit and ensure I hit up the entire area. Despite all this, my Equal-i-Zer still pops, groans and squeaks at low speeds, particularly during turns. While keeping it greased does eliminate some noise, it would be much worse 'dry'.

According to the Equal-i-Zer site, this is completely normal and occurs when the WDH is under tension.
…yeah this rig noise was compounded i guess because they left the end of the row site and immediately had to make a right turn…one giant Uturn just to pull out of the site itself…all the other sites on that row you drive straight for a while till the right exit turn…all asphalt so tires just gripped and didn’t slide any