View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 03:40 PM   #76
JShort880

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I say keep this thread open. I enjoy hearing about the driving exploits of those who can actually back up a dually without crunching the plastic rear wheel coverings or knocking off mirrors. I can't even back up my trike into a parking spot first time and backing my 28' 5th wheel is an exercise not to be viewed by the faint of heart... seriously, glad you got the truck situation sorted. BTW: I retired from the Fed in 1998 and could afford to buy most any truck I want but am severely cheap and will never buy a vehicle that costs me more than my first house.... kind of a family rule.

Thanks!

And I was hoping to have the thread closed before I do exactly what you just said! I mean, it took me one week (while practicing connecting to my hitch) to damage the top of my F250's tailgate.

Also, I fully agree with your rule. Before getting the truck, I owned a 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan that I purchased for $8k in cash (loved that little German SUV). We are moving from AZ back to GA in about 30 days, so there's a time constraint.

We have also decided that it doesn't make sense to keep the RV and truck while starting a family. After full-timing, we realized that we can be just as happy taking family trips in something smaller (get something when the future kids hit 5 or 6 years old).

So, we plan to sell both the truck and RV in early to mid-2025. We are planning to settle somewhere in the southeast, between our families but far enough away for some distance .

The truck won't accumulate much mileage after getting to Georgia (Compared to the F250 Journey), so it should be an easy sale in 2025. That's why I mentioned that I view these purchases as a lease that enabled my wife to travel nurse and allowed us to hit the road before having kids.

Haven't researched how easy it'll be to sale the RV. But I'll just be aiming to get the payoff for it so I'm sure someone will come around.

Will be looking to get a trailer pull most likely. Checks all the boxes for just family trips. But that can be figured out in 6 years
2021 Ford F450