View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 02:58 PM   #74
JShort880

THREAD CONCLUSION:

Ended up picking up this 2021 F-450

As always, thanks to the forum/community for all of the useful insights.

-> Mods feel free to lock this one down whenever you see fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
“ You are kinda like the kids that went to Harvard to get a degree in something worthless and now expect me to pay their loans.”
Maybe a little less politics and a little advice that works?
DW and I given the same situation would scour the countryside in search of a buyer for our F250. The truck HAS to go. Then hit the market for an older truck that will do the job, brand of your choice. We all know refinancing upside down loans on different vehicles goes against any Dave Ramsey rules, not to mention good sense. Luck to you!
Certainly, every situation is influenced by numerous variables. I understand that Rob's username is "Linux3", so it's not surprising that a Linux user might jump to conclusions without considering all the variables . But fear not, Rob. From 2010 to 2020, I had the privilege of spending five years throughout Afghanistan and Iraq, which ultimately paid for my computer science degree, so affordability is not an issue for us.

Fortunately, I connected with the owner of Lifted Trucks here in Arizona, and we were able to work out a great deal. I didn't have to go upside-down on my F250. At the end of the day, I may be losing some money, but it's not something that will keep me up at night. I view both of these as a lease anyhow.

-> Again, Mods feel free to lock this one down whenever you see fit.

Thanks
2021 Ford F450