View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 06:35 PM   #4
vampress_me

We have had StarLink in our camper since last spring. Last summer it was used both in MN at our seasonal spot (on the ground stand set about 70’ behind our camper since we are under trees), in the middle of MT, and in the Big Horn Mtns in WY, plus stops in between. While traveling we used the Flagpole buddy mount. At our seasonal spot I was able to work when needed, and could call using Wi-Fi calling on my cell phone with no issues. In the Big Horns, we were under some trees, so had interference. But, it still allowed me to work when I had to and for my BIL to call in to the hospital for his work when he needed to. We just would have small interruptions using the Wi-Fi calling, which was very doable versus having to drive halfway down the mountain to get cell service. I have had it paused since November and am about to unpause it for camping again. The pausing on RV service is great since it means we haven’t paid anything monthly since November. Overall, it seems to work great for what we need, even when I’ve set it up at home to use. Now, one caveat, we don’t have/ can’t get any internet at home except cell phones, so anything not cell phone related is an improvement.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote