View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 06:31 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatrp View Post
Camping world submitted multiple requests on my 5th wheel for warranty work. After being denied every time, they gave me the number at keystone to inquire. They refused to talk to me. IF you did purchase it before getting all the issues fixed, you’re screwed! Get in line with the rest of us who got SCREWED!
Keystone is NOT your warranty approval center for components which were used to build your trailer. During the first year of your RV ownership, Keystone provides administrative support to file warranty claims for the owner. KEYSTONE DOES NOT WARRANTY THOSE PARTS, they only "file the paperwork for you"...

Every component manufacturer has specific requirements that must be met to honor their warranty. Lippert requires an "online form" to be completed before they will approve any chassis repairs. If the form is not completed by the dealer, Keystone can not process the claim with Lippert. They send YOUR DEALER a message to complete the form so that Lippert will approve the work. IF YOUR DEALER DOES NOT FILE THE FORM OR PROVIDE KEYSTONE THE INFORMATION TO COMPLETE THE FORM, YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE DENIED.... It's NOT Keystone, it's your dealer !!!!! The same "online form" MUST be completed to get approval to repair your Lippert axles, Lippert leveling system, Lippert slide system or Lippert "Thomas Payne" furniture.

Here is the link to the Lippert chassis form which must be completed before your dealer can repair your chassis problems using the warranty: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0004000.pdf

Furrion has the same requirements for your stove, refrigerator, vent hood or other Furrion components. And, it should be "obvious by now" that APEX Sound Systems, Legend TV's, Samsung components also have similar requirements.

Dometic has similar specific form requirements that must be met before they will provide warranty service. As an example, this is the form required by Dometic to have your refrigerator repaired/replaced. If YOUR DEALER does not fill out the form, Keystone can not process the claim and YOUR DEALER will not get paid for the work. So, Keystone sends them a message that your warranty on the refrigerator is not approved. IT IS NOT KEYSTONE THAT FAILED, IT'S YOUR DEALER !!!!!

It's real easy for the incompetent dealership to "blame Keystone" and it happens EVERY DAY. The warranty process starts with your dealership's service writer. If that person doesn't do a good job of documenting the problem AND submitting the required documents, then Keystone can not process the claim with the component manufacturer.

THAT MEANS YOUR WARRANTY REPAIRS ARE NOT APPROVED... Not by Keystone, but by your dealer who failed to do their paperwork.....

In nearly every situation where I've seen a warranty disapproval, it's because the DEALER (not Keystone) failed to complete the process....

I've had Keystone "bend over backwards to help me get things repaired" even on trailers that are out of warranty, but their hands are tied if the dealer doesn't submit the correct information so Keystone can process the claim.

Here's the Dometic warranty claim form. If it isn't submitted, your dealer WILL get a message that the warranty is not approved for repair. There is a similar form for your Dometic air conditioner, if it requires warranty repair/replacement.

Keystone gets the "uninformed blame" for a lot of issues, but in reality, they can't process what the dealerships don't provide for processing ......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMETIC AIR CONDITIONER WARRANTY FORM.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	43554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMETIC REFRIGERAOTR WARRANTY FORM.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	43555  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS