View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 03:07 PM   #8
dutchmensport

No help with the discoloration. If it were mine, I purchase a can of spray gel-coat from an automotive store and see if that restores the shine. It's quite obvious you got the camper clean.

In your future you need 3 items to clean just about everything on your camper. If more than this is needed, I'd be surprised.

First: WD-40. Spray WD-40 on spots of road tar. It will melt right off. Simply wipe with a soft paper towel. Stroke in one direction only (not up and down, or side to side), down only, or left or right only. The tar will melt right off and wiping it off will be very easy. WD-40 also melts bugs off. Let it sit a bit. It will dissolve squished bugs.

Second: Automatic dishwash liquid (not the powder stuff or stuff in plastic bags, the actual liquid and any brand works good.) Make a water - automatic dishwasher liquid solution, fairly strong with the dishwasher solution. Now, simply dip a cloth into the bucket of solution and slop it on the trouble spot. Let it sit for a couple minutes and use a soft brush and brush it, followed up by rinsing. This removes grease, bugs, water spots, calcium build up with air conditioner drips and acid rain, streaks, and general gunk. It will not hurt wax or pain. And this works absolutely fabulous on glass for water spots after dew or rain (same as in your dishwasher on your clear glass drinking cups). ... really!

Third: Dawn Dishwashing liquid. Dawn is great.... well, it use to be. The formula changed in February 2022 (I have an email from Dawn telling me this). So, really, to get the "original" Dawn from 2 years ago, you have to use Dawn Platinum now. The Platinum is what what the original "Dawn" was. Yes, even they admitted the current "Dawn" was down graded. But that is NOT advertised on television.

So, use Dawn on everything else on your camper. Dawn WILL strip the wax and it will leave white streaks if it's not rinsed good. So rinse very well. But if you really have a troubled spot on your camper, chances are, you will end up stripping the wax anyway. So, why take chances on rubbing the gel coat off or scaring the paint. Use Dawn with a soft RV brush and rinse.

(On your roof, you can probably use DAWN also, but check the manual for your specific RV roof system for your camper first.)

And ... I do use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean the awning.... again ... wipe, I do not "scrub".... ever! It cleans the awning .... well ??? like "magic!"