View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 04:09 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

[QUOTE=haulinit;479680]I’m in Quartzsite right now. I have a Winegard on my 2018 toy hauler. The plans when I looked into them were expensive!

People who have Verizon cell service have really been having issues getting online. I have AT&T for my phone and a dual sim Pepwave router and Poynter antenna. Right now I only have a T mobile SIM card in it.

My connection on either of these slow way down in the afternoon/evening when everyone is home and getting online.it’s getting to the point where I don’t get a connection until in the very early hours of the morning to mid-morning of the day.[/QUOTE

I can't speak to your experience @Quartzsite as I'm not there. I know recently another group of attacks have created a bunch of issues. I have personally experienced 2 different brand issues with home automation/security devices that lasted less than 24 hrs. Emails from both companies blamed AWs (Amazon Web Services) for the issues.

Last week I bought a new tablet and had Issues with getting the Sim card initialized on-line. When I finally spoke with a human they straightened out the issue rapidly and admitted they were having "network challenges". The Maryland Dept. of Health was hit by hackers 2 weeks ago and they still don't have the Covid statistics restored. So all I'm saying is these issues I can only be exasperated by a remote are being overwhelmed with high usage and high demands on the bandwith. Have attempted reaching out to the carrier to see if it's a location issue?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote