View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 09:23 AM   #31
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Last year I dropped a kitchen fork "down the hole". It fell standing up, but I had no grabber. I tried everything I had at the time, but it finally fell flat. I could still see it on the bottom through the hole but all my attempts keep pushing it farther and farther from the bottom of the tank where it was visible through the toilet hole. Finally it disappeared out of sight completely. I never retrieve it. So far, I've had no indication it "passed" through the system yet, so I think it's still in there somewhere.

You may ask, how did a fork get down your toilet? Easy answer. When washing dishes in the kitchen sink, we use a plastic tub to hold the dish washing soap water. When done, I take the tub and pour it down the toilet into the black tank. It adds more water to the black tank and also add dish washing liquid to help clean the tank a little.

Except this time, the water was pretty bubbly and little did I realize there was still a fork left in the bottom of the pan. When I poured the water into the toilet, holding the foot peddle open ... well .... down it went. I never saw it because of the soap bubbles! That's how it happened!
Great story. It happens to even seasoned people. I don't feel so bad. Thanks for the story.
Cjblodgett is offline   Reply With Quote