View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 11:51 AM   #48
flybouy
Site Team

Two funerals today. DW's aunt going to the funeral of her close freind age in her early 70's. Her freind was not vaxed.

Our son- in- law is at the funeral for his aunt age late 60's. She was not vaxed. Her husband , late 60's and son, around 45, both hospitalized and on death's door, both unvaxed. His uncle was buried last week. He was late 60's and not vaccinated. So our son-in-law's father buried a brother and his twin sister in less than a week. He's a Fire Chief and responded to the call when his sister died in her house. Our SIL has an uncle on his mother's side whose in his late 50's with Covid. He's not vaxed and so far not hospitalized.

Our daughter and her husband have one freind from Hawaii that came home to Phili for the holidays. He has it but not hospitalized. He's fully vaccinated. Another freind of theirs who's in his late 30's has it with sever symptoms. He had 1 shot. His wife has it but with mild symptoms. She had 1 vaccine shot only. One of their 3 kids has it. I think he's around 6 years old and having minor symptoms.

I feel blessed that none of our immediate family has contracted it. We are all fully vaccinated and it was our choice to do so. My DW, our 2 daughters, and me all have health issues that can comprimise our immune systems. I got the Pfizer, 3 were Moderna and 1 J&J. Our SIL also is immune compromised as he had his spleen removed when he was around 35 due to cancer.

DW and I also know several folks that have had the virus and survived. My godson had it last winter and spent 2 weeks in his camper so as not to spead it to his wife and daughters. He's in his late 30's and was ill before the vaccine was available.

So the virus is real, it does kill, and it can infect all ages. What anyone chooses to do reguarding the vaccine is their choice and I respect that. All I can attest to is my experience. Every since the DW and I slipped into our 50's we have had the flue vaccines. Neither of us has had the flue after that. Because diabetes I also get the pneumonia vaccine. Before that, I had several bouts of pleurisy but none after. From our experience with flue vaccines and considering the risk vs benefit it was an easy decision for us.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote