View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #25
har29

Wink

Travelbugger,
Realizing that I will have a 1 year warranty from Keystone, I would be careful not to remove any covers myself without their permission so as not to void any warranty. I use an Infrared camera which can see a difference in temperature of down to a tenth of a degree. I will check inside and from underneath the unit for unusual temperature variations. It is simular to checking typical home attic insulation from living areas underneath. It will show areas of missing insulation. If large amounts of insulation appear to be missing there will be a follow-call to Keystone as to the way they they want to approch this problem before I complete the purchase. As far as heat/cooling distribution is concerned it is difficult to evenly distribute even amounts especially using a heat pump, as the same duct is used for both functions. The new Alpine is supposed to be multi zoned, which is difficult to accomplish without separate t-stats, one for living room and one in hall by bedroom. And to help the heat in the living room the fan should be used to blow heat down from the ceiling, since heat rises. Slightly closing off the bath and bedroom vents should help the living room area. The pictures of the basement duct shows what appears to be a string or wire supporting a portion of the duct, a wider cloth-like strap is normally used so as not to risk cutting the outer duct insulation material that the duct itself is wrapped in. It is worse when a flex duct is bent beyond a 90 deg.
The bottom line is it is an RV and not built to the standards as most of our homes. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open. Looking forward to checking mine out and taking it to Sandbridge resort america in Virginia this year.