View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 08:51 AM   #17
G Giroux

Camper urn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
OK, here's one for you. You may think this is the coolest thing since the invention of air conditioner or it may completely repulse you. But how about this:

My wife and made plans 37 years ago that when we died we both wanted to be cremated. Last year we went ahead an pre-paid our funeral arrangements. Since we both absolutely love camping and our camper, we always though it would be magnificent to be buried in our camper. (well that's impossible unless you lived in ancient egypt and had a pyramid built in your name you know).

When it came time for selecting the funeral "urn" we both agreed (a long time ago), we wanted our ashes placed in the same urn. Our kids also know this is our wish. The problem with funeral arrangements, the "urn" would be tied to only one of us. So if the other went first, the second would not get the urn. So the funeral home director advised we purchase a separate urn and have it ready for whoever goes first. So, we left the urn out of the package.

Mean while, my wife found a company that specialized in producing "specialized" funeral urns.

https://foreverence.com/

We made contact, paid the deposit, sent the photos and about 6 week later had our custom made 3-d printer and hand painted camper where my wife and I be eternally living the full time RVing life forever! It's volume is big enough to hold both our ashes and the ashes of 2 of our most beloved dogs. We'll all be together. Then the kids can simply burry the urn in the back yard and we'll forever have our wish and dream!

The real camper:

The Urn:

The real camper:

The Urn:

The real camper:

The Urn:

Here's a couple more of the urn:

If you can do THAT level of 3-D printing ... you can have a very, very lucrative business!
I LOVE THE IDEA.
Just have to remember never to trade in the Montana.
G Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote