Thread: RAM Batteries
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 05:47 PM   #40
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Here's another tripping point. The NAPA store in Martinsville I bought the batteries from was closed Saturday afternoon and Sunday. So I stopped at the Warsaw Virginia NAPA store Monday to get my core refund. Nope, "we are a privately owned NAPA Store and where you bought the batteries is a corporate store and we can't do a core refund". Well KMA. I'll just carry them home and deal with it later. What a PITA.
I would go to NAPA.com and reach out to customer service. Let them know what happened and ask them what to do. I've had a lot of experiences with the resturant industry which is typically heavily franchised. Some chains may only have a handle full of company stores, some are closer to a 50/50 mix. There are also corporations that own hundreds of locations that include several different concepts or brands. Other buisnesses followed suit and rely heavily on franchisees to expand the buisness without investing their own capital while making money from the francise rights and a percentage of sales.

Typically when a chain is franchised they will disclose a policy that may not be honored. If you listen to a lot of commercials for fast food resturants for instance they'll state "at participating locations"when promoting a sale or a "limited time only" promotion. A lot depends on the franchisee agreements and some times state and even local laws.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote