View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 09:08 AM   #36
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If my BIL's experience this week is any indication, prices are going to remain extremely CRAZY for some time to come.

In 2020 he leased a GMC 3500 duramax 4x4 on a 24 month/10,000 mile per year lease. Since leasing it, he's moved to Tennessee and put nearly 80,000 miles on the truck. His lease expires in 4 months and the excess mileage charge at 0.45/mile calculates to about 60,000x.45=27,000. That's nearly a $30K penalty for excess mileage.

This week, he was at a local GMC dealer near his new house, looking at trucks to see what was going to be available when his lease expires. A salesman approached him, Chuck explained the lease issues and the salesman said, "Let me see what I can do, I'll call you tomorrow"...

Chuck thought "Oh well, I'll never hear from him".

The next day, the salesman called with an offer.

1. End the lease with no penalty.
2. Forgive all excess mileage charges.
3. Provide a $2500 "new lease incentive".
4. Offer a $1600 trade in on his existing truck if he chooses not to lease a new vehicle.

So, apparenlty GMC is willing to pay him roughly $30K "right now" to get his truck back on the lot.

Needless to say, he no longer owns a "leased 2020 DuraMax"....

I told him to head to the nearest lottery store and buy every ticket they have......
Dealers in my area what trucks so bad they are paying almost what the truck cost when purchased. I’m waiting on my new f350 ordered in September. Been keeping check on NADA book and local dealers. My trade in is more then I paid for my 2019 f250 king ranch. Now granted I purchase my vehicles under the ford family plan which gives a good discount.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote