View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 08:45 AM   #33
flybouy
Site Team

If ANYONE had a reliable method of predicting the price and availability of ANYTHING in these times they wouldn't be here sharing said information. If only I had that crystal ball. I wouldn't be here either but rather setting on the beack of my private island somewhere.

As far as computer chips a couple of observations. I have been interested in all things that spark since childhood. I built computers for fun going back 40+ years. IIRC I think it was mid to late 1980's when a chip shortage made pc memory prices go thru the roof. The costs settled back down then when newer technologies emerged pc memory became very affordable.

Fast forward to recent (last couple of years) I've seen the same thing happen with pc video cards. They have been scarce and what cost hundreds 2 years ago were fetching thousands of dollars. I've seen those costs comming down of late. I could be "way off base" but my guess will be once the auto companies reach that point of being willing to pay more for the necessary boards to get rid of the inventory someone will fill that void. But like I said, I don't have the cyrstal ball.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote