View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 03:22 PM   #39
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon67 View Post
Once you run with a DRW you'll shun SRW for trailer pulling. Of any size. Just a 24' regular height cargo trailer with a race car - night/day difference between SRW and DRW. Pulling the 25' 220RD (8 x 10.5' frontage, 5600ish lbs) - big difference between the F-150 and the F-350 DRW. F-150 does good, uses a WDH. The F-350 can pull same with just a hitch ball in the receiver.
I have to kindly disagree. I have owned/ driven many trucks, but for this purpose: 2009 and 2016 F-350 SRW trucks, and our 2019 F-350 DRW. All have towed our fifth wheel campers and our horse trailers, snowmobile trailers, and flat bed trailers. All three trucks were outfitted the same, the only difference is the dually has 6 wheels. And the newer ones have more power of course. The only time I really noticed a huge difference between SRW and DRW (and was totally thankful for the DRW) was coming home from WY last fall after dropping our daughter off at college. High wind alerts/ roads closed nearby due to wind the whole way to SD. We were driving in 60+ mph crosswinds and the camper and truck were steady. That would have been a white knuckle drive in the SRW, if not me parking for a while. Otherwise, meh. I like having enough payload to cover our bases with our new camper legally, but, to me anyways other than that, our SRW was just as good. Plus, I could take it through a car wash.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote