View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 04:12 PM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Brent (OP) you did what you could...and what you should have done. That truck was way outclassed by that size of trailer. Unfortunately some folks do not, and will not, hear anything about "payload" or "carrying" weight because they have been indoctrinated with the "it can pull xxx lbs.". It's ridiculous and really illustrates their ignorance of a truck (just dump a yard of gravel in the back of a 1/2 ton and then only talk about "pulling" - the bumper will be on the ground,"carrying").

I have been rebuffed and refuted many times and the best you can do is walk away hoping you planted a seed as others have said. We have seen on this forum that sometimes that seed grows and the RV owner realizes they need to upsize on the truck.

Like you I see more 3/4 ton trucks than anything pulling larger trailers...really large trailers which are far more than they should be towing. I attribute that to 1) ignorance and 2) the fact that so many think that a truck with HD on the side is a HD truck; it's the top of the heap and can do "anything". They don't know what they don't know. Some are open to listening, understanding and realizing their situation. Others like the one you were dealing with are right come heck or high water and how dare anyone say otherwise. Shake the dust off and move on.....and stay on a different highway.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote