Old 11-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Camper View Post
Good morning,

I am also looking at these tires: TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T III All-Season
load range E.

When comparing it to the Dueler A/T Revo 3, E rated tire, I wonder if it does better in the snow?

I just want a really good tire, not much road whine and able to handle the load of the rig.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Brian

What was the OE tire size on the truck? The lower the profile the harder they are when inflated to max psi to carry a trailer. Not only that but the short sidewalls can let a pothole etc. drive the rubber right into the wheel rim....don't ask me how I know. I don't like anything "thinner" than a 60 profile and that is on a larger tire (285/60r20).

Bridgestone or Toyo?? I've owned both brands and don't like either (2 sets of each) but that's just me, some folks love them. I HAVE owned the Toyo Open Country III AT; it was a "noisy" tire (whine) compared to many tires I've owned. A full tilt mud tread is louder but the Toyo was louder, IMO, than most AT tires. They did do pretty well in the snow for what they were. I tried 2 sets of Bridgestones, both AT tread (not Revo) but they both felt "squirrely" and took them off.

A consideration with M/S tires, A/Ts etc. is the lack of traction on wet pavement. They're great for dirt, sand, mud etc. with a trailer hooked up but wet pavement is the bane of an off road/AT tire. With that the owner then needs to decide what he will predominantly be doing when behind the wheel....snow, highway etc.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote