View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 05:08 PM   #53
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddriver View Post
It was 4710lbs last cat drop and it could go +/- 150 easy. The point is Im seeing a lot of judgments without fact. Dismaying. Just joined and one of the first threads I read....

I bought that SUV in the picture because it came in EXACTLY where I needed it to be. And I dont have a son with a captains license. I do.

Instead of calling these people names, I found that the mismatch the experts are calling for aint as bad as assumed. It was a lack of required equipment and a faulty load. As I said, everyone starts with a first tow. IF my first impression of a website supposedly dealing with trailers and the 'stuff' attached to owning them, is people calling strangers names - who are TRYING to be better - and calling into question everything about them, then I see no reason to continue. People should be ashamed. But they are not, ergo...

"Everyone starts with a first tow"? They said initially they went to get their beloved Avenger out of storage so I question "first tow". Putting what appears to be a 2 5/16 coupler on a 2" ball has nothing to do with "first tow" but more....... No wdh or sway on a trailer that big with a Frontier? Come on. First tow?

I was a first time tower as was everyone else on this and any other RV forum. Everyone tries to do their due diligence as best they know how. Somehow there had to be a question in their minds of "what am I doing here", "what do I need to do", "what am I SUPPOSED to do" before I just take off across the country totally oblivious to any/all towing rules, regulations and laws. With the internet there is no excuse for that level of ignorance but they certainly appear to have just forgone that kind of mandatory exercise.

Now, maybe they are that lacking in intelligence; maybe they were just swept away in a moments notice and flew the coop without a single thought (there's a word for that) and maaayyyybbeeee it was all just a "dumb" (read dangerous, irresponsible, illegal etc.) mistake. That might be taken into account except; from the gitgo they made videos that were obviously orchestrated to maximize their "horrible" (self caused) plight. Then had the nerve to start a go fund me page to help them "start all over again", and, maybe....folks could give them enough money to get them a new Class C. What the heck?? IMO talk about shysters.

I can see it now; all those folks thinking they're so nice, had such a terrible, inexplicable act of fate happen to them.....give them money so they can get that Class C and then drive head on into a van with a family while in that same state of "ignorance". Heaven help me.

Some folks encounter bad luck through no doing of their own and deserve help. Some folks are ignorant and make mistakes. Some folks do both, are clueless then want someone to bail them out so they can go do it again because....they don't care. BTDT No one here is calling them names, they have been called out for what they did. The potential for death and devastation on that highway was great due to their actions...period. They survived because the others on that road were being looked out for.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote