View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #51
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
That is a semi aerodynamic.low center of gravity balanced load… I don’t have the interest or energy to debate this issue but …on a flat road towing it will probably pull it just fine…if you had to do any defensive driving you would probably end up like the video…and you will pull the guts out of that suv if you back it off the drop off on a boat ramp or have a boat ramp that is steep….I’ve had boats of all kinds since I was about 5 years old …have two 35’ boats now and my son has his captains license… ( none of this part is relevant…just qualifying myself) …I’ve towed boats with a bunch of different vehicles. I had a 24’ sear ray sorrento on a tandem trailer… that boat was around 4000 lbs if I rememeber correctly…it was a heavy boat to pull up the boat ramp…yours is probably around 3000lbs

Don’t know the reasoning for arguing the truck in the video is a good choice …maybe you will convince some other newbie that they will be good to go.
Have a good day

It was 4710lbs last cat drop and it could go +/- 150 easy. The point is Im seeing a lot of judgments without fact. Dismaying. Just joined and one of the first threads I read....

I bought that SUV in the picture because it came in EXACTLY where I needed it to be. And I dont have a son with a captains license. I do.

Instead of calling these people names, I found that the mismatch the experts are calling for aint as bad as assumed. It was a lack of required equipment and a faulty load. As I said, everyone starts with a first tow. IF my first impression of a website supposedly dealing with trailers and the 'stuff' attached to owning them, is people calling strangers names - who are TRYING to be better - and calling into question everything about them, then I see no reason to continue. People should be ashamed. But they are not, ergo...
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote