View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #32
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
When we bought our 2015, we were trading in a 2013 6.2l gas truck. We parked in the dealership front lot, walked inside, the salesman greeted us and invited us to walk out and "take a look at our new truck"... We walked out, he handed me the keys and I sat in the driver's seat, started the truck and shut it off, opened the hood to make sure it was a diesel. It was "that much quieter than my previous 1999 and 2005 diesels. I was shocked (pleasantly pleased) that it was so quiet, but I had to verify it was "really a diesel" just to be sure Ford hadn't installed the wrong emblems on the doors... It actually made less noise than the gas truck we drove to the dealership.

Now, with almost 70K on the truck, I can start it up and get out of the truck, open the hood and still carry on a "normal level conversation" with the engine running. I could never imagine that with my 7.3 or 6.0 engines.
From my experiences with the Ford 6.0 it was very quiet due to the fact it didn't run but about 10 minutes at time before it was back in the shop.
I don't recall what year GM first came out with the Duramax, but a good friend of mine bought a new Chevy 2500. We were standing directly in front of the truck when he said it was a diesel, he had to show me the fender badging & open the hood to prove it.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote