View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

My 93 was an "early year manufacture" with a NA 7.3L diesel. About the last quarter or so, Ford introduced the turbocharged 7.3 as an OEM option. When I bought mine, they weren't even talking about a factory turbocharger. Everyone was installing a Banks system. Since we were in Louisiana, I didn't see much need for a turbo. Pretty much a case of "I didn't know what I didn't know:...

Anyway, we towed our Holiday Rambler to Las Vegas and going up to Albuquerque, we had the roof vents open on the trailer (to keep it cooler) and when we stopped, there was a "oily film on everything inside the trailer and all down the passengers side of the trailer.... DW was not a "happy camper" and I was instructed that we weren't leaving Las Vegas until I had fixed that problem... That was back when Camping World would install anything they sell for $5. The closest CW was in Henderson, and when we pulled out of the Circus Circus camping lot (no way to call that a campground), we had a "turbochared 7.3L Ford".... What a difference that climb to Albuquerque was with the turbo...

I don't think you can even buy a NA diesel for onroad use these days.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote