View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I was aware of t he plow/PTO stuff. Glad I dont have a need for regen, or other upfitter stuff

K.I.S.S.
I had a 1993 7.3L NA diesel. When it was parked in the garage overnight, I couldn't start it unless I opened the garage door and rolled up all the windows. Otherwise, the garage filled with black "sooty smoke" and the engine was so noisy that it hurt to be in the driver's seat with the windows down.

My current "DEF diesel" is comparable to my 6.2L gas engine in noise, even when cold and there's no "black coal on startup". The garage stays clean, no soot on everything on my workbench and no earplugs needed.

When it comes to comparing the old diesel to this newer one (mine is a third generation Scorpion) it's hard to wrap my head around "wanting to go back to what I had"..... Heck, just being able to stand in the garage with the truck running and have a conversation while actually breathing, not coughing, is enough for me to not want my old one back.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should (or shouldn't) feel the same, just giving my experience...

About the only thing I can think of that's similar to the old diesels is getting diesel on your shoes and on your hands while refueling at a "busy/dirty fuel pump".... Otherwise, there's little comparison of negatives, regardless of brand.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote