View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 09:11 AM   #35
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Before becoming a towing zombie, I hardly noticed what or how people towed huge campers when we were at an RV park and now that is the first thing I notice. The 18K 5th wheel with a 3/4 ton or the 37' bumper pull with the 1/2 ton seem to be more common than a larger than necessary tow vehicle.
Advertising and the lack of real world experience. Remember the commercials for mini vans back in the day? They would show the 7 passenger capacity with a mom loading up a school football team. Sure, try that with a vasity high school team and not a bunch of grade schoolers. Point is, buy that van and the first time you try to shove 6 high school boys (could be the chess club it wouldn't matter) and you know it won't physically work.

Now fast forward to the current deceptions in advertisements and you hitch up the trailer that's way to much for the given truck. It works! Well, it works until it tragically doesn’t. Sad thing is, so many are convinced it's "OK". I pray for them when I see them in the CG.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote