View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 07:53 AM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
Thanks for your thoughts Getn! OK, the Ultimate Trailer tow package is definitely on the list. And as much as I would love the Platinum, I think the Lariat with it's associated Ultimate package is more than enough. And although we are close to the Canadian border, we are not that far north. So don't see much need for the rapid heater. I'll just use the remote start and let it warm up for 5 minutes or so

I do agree on the LED lights, not so much on the brightness, but more on the durability and reliability. If anyone has changed a headlight on a Duramax, they know what I'm talking about. They are a royal pain in the *** to change out. But the increased brightness will be a bonus.

I looked up the 2022 F350 towing guide for the SRW and it says the maximum loaded trailer weight the 6.7L diesel can pull is 19,000 pounds for a 5th wheel. So I went through and picked out 5 different RV's that if we were buying a new RV today, the most likely ones we would pick. None of them exceeded a GVWR of 17,000 pounds. So if I understand correctly, that gives me about a 2000 or more pound margin. Certainly if I was buying a Mobile Suites, then I would have to get the dually, and perhaps upgrade to a F450 or 550 as well As much as I would like the dually, they also have their drawbacks. More tires, changing out the tires, more expense, longer bed making parking harder at RV sites & anywhere you go, etc.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input so far. If you have more ideas, love to hear them BTW, I'll be ordering this truck from the dealer. I looked up the lead time for orders now and estimated delivery is 30-32 weeks. Can you believe that, 8 freaking months? So if I order now, I might be lucky to get it by next spring.
Do not fall into that trap that the truck manufacturers keep pushing concerning the max tow weight of ANY truck!!
Yes that truck WILL "pull" that much on a low profile utility type trailer, the method the manufacturer uses to arrive at these max tow weights, where they load ALL the weight directly over the axles considerably reducing the tongue/pin weights, unfortunately it doesn't work like that in the rv world to "carry" that much weight built like a giant sail & the load non moveable.
You need to look at the tags on the inside the drivers door jamb of the truck you're interested in checking the yellow/white tag that states "occupants & cargo must not exceed XXXX lbs", this is the payload for THAT truck, don't use published manufacturer weights, each truck has its own specific numbers. From that payload number subtract 23% for a 5th wheel (13% for a TT) of the GVWR as pin weight of YOUR specific rv from the manufacturers tag on the driverside front corner + the weight of the hitch usually 100-200lbs + the total weight of everyone/everything in/on that truck that didn't come from the factory.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote