View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 03:58 AM   #20
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
Thanks for your thoughts Getn! OK, the Ultimate Trailer tow package is definitely on the list. And as much as I would love the Platinum, I think the Lariat with it's associated Ultimate package is more than enough. And although we are close to the Canadian border, we are not that far north. So don't see much need for the rapid heater. I'll just use the remote start and let it warm up for 5 minutes or so

I do agree on the LED lights, not so much on the brightness, but more on the durability and reliability. If anyone has changed a headlight on a Duramax, they know what I'm talking about. They are a royal pain in the *** to change out. But the increased brightness will be a bonus.

I looked up the 2022 F350 towing guide for the SRW and it says the maximum loaded trailer weight the 6.7L diesel can pull is 19,000 pounds for a 5th wheel. So I went through and picked out 5 different RV's that if we were buying a new RV today, the most likely ones we would pick. None of them exceeded a GVWR of 17,000 pounds. So if I understand correctly, that gives me about a 2000 or more pound margin. Certainly if I was buying a Mobile Suites, then I would have to get the dually, and perhaps upgrade to a F450 or 550 as well As much as I would like the dually, they also have their drawbacks. More tires, changing out the tires, more expense, longer bed making parking harder at RV sites & anywhere you go, etc.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input so far. If you have more ideas, love to hear them BTW, I'll be ordering this truck from the dealer. I looked up the lead time for orders now and estimated delivery is 30-32 weeks. Can you believe that, 8 freaking months? So if I order now, I might be lucky to get it by next spring.
There is a BIG difference between PULL and CARRY! If you look a little deeper you will find the GVWR and likely MAXIMUM payload of that SRW, and it likely won't be near the 3,740# at 22% pin weight a 17,000# 5er will place on the hitch of the TV.. If you look at Short Bed trucks with a 11,500# GVWR the total payload might be about 3,500#, BUT that isn't all for pin. It also includes the weight of Driver over 150#. You also have to subtract from it the weight of anything you carry in the truck, tools, extra fuel tank, hitch, etc. The Long Bed might have a GVWR of 12,400# and payload of 4,200#, you might find some similarity equipped trucks on a dealers lot and look at the payload sticker on the door pillar.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote