View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 07:30 PM   #18
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
I just traded my 18 drw Lariat for a 21 drw Platinum.
Absolutely get the Ultimate Trailer Tow Package. Makes towing a dream. I actually use the “above” front view the most when cutting a close turn at my front bumper.
I would get the trailer cam/tpms if you dont already have a good system(s).
The 18 Lariat had the Ultimate pkg and I consider this a bare minimum. I can’t tell you how much nicer the Platinum is. The seats are way more comfortable and the messaging makes a world of difference on long hauls. Really does.
If up north, don’t forget the cabin rapid heat package, or whatever it’s called.
I know its a bunch of dollars, but get the LED lights. A million times better. Maybe a billion.
And lastly, upfitters are a must if you ever plan to add any lights,horn, compressor et al.
Depending on package and model, don’t forget the tailgate step. I laughed at this idea. Until I first tried to crawl into the bed of this 42’ tall beast! Seriously, it is a must.
It is a hell of a truck, but I’m sure all of the big 3 are.
I honestly would consider the drw for the reasons given. Also, I would get the 8’ bed to alleviate the need for a slider. I won’t lie, 23’ is a bitch to park!
Troy
That’s a really good idea with the front camera…I have the Ram version of the surround/overhead camera system and I forget to even look at it almost every time I am backing the fiver in..I had to swing the front end around close to a pole the other day and it didn’t even occur to me to look at the screen! I have a 12” screen on my dash with all of the camera angles and don’t even use it!