View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 01:33 AM   #5
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Rod View Post
I test drove a RAM 3500 dually . Didn't even the parking lot after going over a speed bump.Ride was like a brick with wheels. I stuck with FORD. Much smoother ride and plenty of power.
Lol it seems we found the lifelong Ford guy.. Ford is nice but so are any of the big three.. ( no offense but did you really test drive one?) I have the Factory air suspension on my Ram…it rides really nice..like a 1 ton dually! Didn’t you decide to add airbags to your truck?
Don’t let anybody try and sway you with brand preference…if Ram was sooo bad they wouldn’t sell any trucks..Amd I like Fords!…I almost bought a Ford but could not find one because of the chip shortage…my next truck will probably be a f450..but Ram trucks are absolutely great trucks as well..I almost bought a gmc also but they wouldn’t do employee pricing on the truck I looked at.
The aluminum bodies on the fords worried me a little only as far as getting any body damage fixed and how much that may cost but the one your looking at is all steel and I always carry full coverage anyway.
Would have to find a good body shop that can do aluminum work

It’s like coke vs Pepsi… it’s not about any specific quality reasoning…it’s more the bias of the person you ask.
A lot of the unloaded ride quality is in the air pressure of the rear tires when not towing.