View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 08:02 AM   #17
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
All things I guess are "blowing up" pricewise.

In the mountain valley where we owned our vacation home a friend built a very nice 3 level log home across from us (over 1/2 mile). HE built it (with the help of a log home builder fellow) for less than 100k. Sold it for 275k maybe 3 years back. It is on the market today for 699k per my neighbor and good friends (I haven't looked into it). They expect it won't be there for more than a couple of days because everything going up for sale up there is selling in a couple of days - now that is crazy.
We had two houses sell…one two doors to the left $800000 and one five doors to the right..$800000……that one I heard they made a separate deal for all the furniture as well…both within last year..both families bought for a summer home ….neither went through a realitor. Both word of mouth. And they won’t rent it out …there also seems to be a higher percentage of people with extra money to spend or they decided to just forgo the saving for retirement and decided to spend it all now
A lot of new boats on the river and much bigger then you would see 20 years ago…not uncommon for boats in the 35’ range to be $500000 or more
And some of the 40 footers are pushing a million dollars

Certainly reminds me of the roaring 20’s with the Rockefeller’s and Vanderbilt’s being replaced by the Elon musks and Jeff Bezos of the world