View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 06:28 AM   #14
wiredgeorge

Remember the PT Cruiser? When they first came out, the missus saw the ad for these on the television. Decided she had to have one. None in San Antonio as they were new and selling like hot cakes. They had one up in New Braunfels so we drove up their to buy her dream car. Got there and I found out it was a Neon in drag. MSRP was a few thousand more than a Neon and they tacked on a few thousand top of that with a line typed on the window sticker which I can't remember the wording but essentially the car was selling like hot cakes and take it or leave it. I told the missus NO YOU AIN'T BUYING A NEON DRESSED UP (by the way that would be the last time I told her NO YOU AIN'T BUYING anything, learned my lesson!). Anyway, found she was disappointed as the thing was half as big as it appeared on TV. She drove a new green Neon home and it actually was a great car for about 75K miles then everything started to fall apart or fail. Sold it. I had never seen a dealer gouge so blatantly because the COULD. Now if the missus wants a new car, I say "what color"?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote