Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
OK,
The following personnel will line up and receive new user names:
The author of Post #16 -Convert One
The author of Post #17-Convert Two
The author of Post #18-Convert Three
This author -Convert Four
Alright that's not gonna work, I get it. I will add ironically the author of Post #15 is the one who wrote "THE" reply that got my attention and got me to the scales. The rest is history, as they say.
So back to the problem and how to approach it. Require documentation (trucks yellow sticker, scale tickets, proof of purchase of hitch type ect....) prior to becoming a member of this forum? Like passing some guarded checkpoint on a cold night in Russia new members "must produce documents" in order to proceed ?
And if you are successful in creating dialogue with those that will listen, you have to use caution in presentation as not to offend and have them throwing their toys back in the sandbox and run away angry. One guy the other day just posted "I'm done", don't want to hear it anymore. Goodbye.
Some (see Converts above) return, listen, ask questions and adjust their assets accordingly, aka , get the right TV -TT/FW combination.
But "right" in whose opinion? Certainly not the TV manufactures or the dealerships selling these massive rolling boxes, both with misleading numbers right out of the gate on "towing capacity" and "dry weight" respectively.
So are we left with only this medium to reach and educate the masses on this issue? It appears the answer is yes. Along with other forums and You Tube videos we can only work with what we are given as tools.
RMc
I stuck around and listened to the advice given,although my initial instinct was to slam to lid of the box closed and hope I didn’t hear anymore of the facts to upset my plans.
I’ve seen quite a few people on here come around to admitting they were mismatched ( and a couple holdouts still trying to convince people that they don’t give a flying f&$#) ..I suspect it still bothers them on some level though..
My point is I’ve tried to share what I’ve learned and have had a few conversations making people aware at campgrounds when it’s come up...
The word is getting around albeit slowly and it’s like the faberge shampoo commercial from the 80’s
“And I told two friends ..and they told two friends and so on and so on ...