Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 08:13 AM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...airstream-tow/

The "California expats" in this article were warned of overweight towing, but did as you stated, displayed a bird and towed anyway. Finding themselves in the middle of the interstate (more than likely I-40 outside of Barstow) jack-knifed and blocking all lanes wasn't enough of an indicator that something was not right. Well nothing a doobie by the campfire wont cure, right?
And the real irony here is, this whole story is published in a (formerly) respected driving publication. WTF???
RMc

Back in the day car and driver was my "go to" car publication for accurate and detailed analysis of vehicles I was interested in. I especially liked their comparisons from time to time. They went through any number of personnel/management changes but kept a pretty good handle on what their purpose (IMO) was. Somewhere after 2000 they began to drift with some of the changes they made and became more and more unreadable, contributed to by bozos like the one in the article. 6-8 years ago I dropped that subscription after something like 30 years. As you said, "formerly respected".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote