Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 05:21 AM   #11
Laredo Tugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I feel the same way about the California expats on FB with their overloaded moving rigs, proudly flying their middle fingers across the border. More than a few have posted horrifying crash stories, and it's always "we didn't even see the other guy that hit us, but they didn't stop, and everything is destroyed, and Fluffy ran off but the kids are ok."

When you say "hey, the cops might ask if your load or weight had anything to do with it," they are unbelievably flippant about all of that, as if it doesn't exist, and they didn't just nearly die on Interstate 40 in a tangled mess of steel and fiberglass, all because of some phantom thing that hit them from behind causing it to fishtail and lose control. Some people...
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...airstream-tow/

The "California expats" in this article were warned of overweight towing, but did as you stated, displayed a bird and towed anyway. Finding themselves in the middle of the interstate (more than likely I-40 outside of Barstow) jack-knifed and blocking all lanes wasn't enough of an indicator that something was not right. Well nothing a doobie by the campfire wont cure, right?
And the real irony here is, this whole story is published in a (formerly) respected driving publication. WTF???
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote