View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 06:48 PM   #25
pablopwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
As has been pointed out, if you are worried about gas mileage, budget or not, RVing may not be the thing for you. My suggestion (what I do) is find what you want that does the job and buy it. Don't know that I've ever even thought about gas mileage when I was towing......except when I'm afraid I might run out of fuel...then I have the onboard computer telling me what mileage I'm getting and how for to empty!
Just so it's clear, I'm not trying to stay under some preconceived cost for RV'ing; RV'ing costs $$$ and I accept that as a part of the whole experience. My main interest with RV'ing is the freedom it will give me and my family to go spend time in amazing places while working remotely from the trailer.

I don't care about gas mileage for any reason other than to understand if I am getting what is expected (because being lower than the expected average tells me that something might be wrong, or that I am doing something wrong).

That being said, I do feel RV'ing gives you WAY more bang for the buck. When you compare monthly payment for the trailer + gas + RV + cost of staying at a state park or RV camp against spending say $10k to stay at a VRBO in Cannon Beach for two weeks, or some overpriced destination rental, I'd say you are getting much more value for your money out of the trailer.
pablopwnage is offline   Reply With Quote