View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 06:13 PM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J View Post
Hi John,

I believe in the case of the Discovery the reason for the recommendation to not use a WD hitch is the software built into the air suspension makes adjustments to stability already; not because it is a uni-body.
Any WD hitch is likely to cause damage to the air suspension and cause the stability software to make incorrect adjustments because it is not calibrated for any WD hitch you might use.

I am not trying to argue the Discovery is suitable, but hopefully shedding some light on why it is stated.
My father-in-law owns an F150 and his model is not far off the towing capability of the Discovery. That surprised me.
If you read the warning from the Discovery owner's manual, it states, in part: "The trailer hitch can malfunction and the trailer can break off from the vehicle." An "air suspension system making adjustments to stability" won't cause a steel trailer hitch receiver to "break off the vehicle chassis"...

But, believe what you want, after all, Land Rover only designed and manufactured the vehicle, what would they know ?????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote