View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #33
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Playing the devil's advocate here, how do y'all handle neighbors (obviously not
those of you who choose to live with no neighbors) with junk cars, mowing the 'grass' thrice a year, never shoveling the walk, and letting his young niece and nephew paint his house bright blue? How about when brother Eddie comes to stay with his class A for the summer?
And that is the issue. I didn't pay good money to live in the ghetto. I don't mind rules if they are reasonable and enforced fairly.
Behind the house for RV's and boats is fine with me. But in the driveway or on the street is no for me. Carports on front of the garage is no for me. Converting the garage to a room is a no, unless you build another garage. I'm thinking our little subdivision was 1700 sq ft minimum. Betty says one side of one street in the older section may be smaller. We have everything from the zero lot line homes in the old section to about 3500 sq ft. We're about in the middle at 2900 sq ft. Our 2 lots are 90x180 each. I think the others are pretty close.
Our first questionable issue was a guy that built a backyard carport for a 35ft offshore boat with a T-top. So it was pretty tall. There was a bit of discussion among some neighbors about that. He moved and the new owners had a 5th wheel so it worked for them. Then a few more backyard carports for Jeeps and such. I'm OK with it but it is against the rules.
We have discussed putting a big carport behind our house, 24x44. We talked about it again recently. I told Betty I'm not sure how much longer we'll be doing this big RV thing. Probably 5 years max. Then maybe a small Class C if anything.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Time to put the peas and cabbage on.....
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote