View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 09:52 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
When they get rid of all that "nasty" fossil fuel and all other pollutants, and the planet is in the dark and we have all reverted back to the stone age, they will be completely shocked when the planet continues to warm until we have another tropical age.....or cool until we have another ice age. The arrogance of some of humanity is astounding. JMO

And yes, that thing DOES look like they tried to bring that poor old Avalanche back and plug in a bunch of extra headlights....
Some of it's arrogance but I think a lot of it is just ignorance. Schools these days don't teach where utilities come from or how they operate just that it's bad for the environment. We see this all the time here where folks buy a new camper and don't understand why the 120v ac outlets don't work when the trailer isn't connected to shore power.

I swear if Google disappeared the majority of the public under the age of 50 would be lost. Just ask them to go to the library and find some information, without using the computer and they'll look at you like you have 3 heads. Or ask them to balance their bank account.

Not everyone is mechanically inclined or proficient in higher math but it's a shame when an cashier is handed a twenty dollar bill for a $19.25 bill and after they "ring it up" if you give them a quarter they don't know what to do.

Sorry, I'll step down from my soap box now.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote