View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 05:29 PM   #27
ronheater70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
So very true !!!!! With today's diesels producing over 400 HP and 800 FtLbs, there's very little "need" for additional power, so the reasons for deleting emissions very often leads to "vehicle mis-use" rather than the need for more operational capacity..... In either case, mis-use or the need for more power, where does that "leave the rest of the vehicle components ???? From transmission/transfer case to u-joints to rear end problems, that's "only the start of possible problems".....
I don't think thats the case at all, I am not delete, but if I were to delete it would be to get rid of all the costly garbage. I have issue with a vehicle being able to find a fault in the def system and then telling me I have only 150 miles to get to a certified dealer to get my def pump replaced or repaired. Some of us go way out in the boonies and that is not only unsafe but downright looney. You can delete and run stock power settings, its very simple. I for one tend to keep my truck fully emissions intact, but I have zero issue if someone wants to delete because I can surely see reasons to do so other than wanting additional power.
But hey that's just Me, Me, me.