View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #25
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
I have to speak up - my Tundra will pull anything it's rated for. And no, there's no "Space Shuttle" listed on the yellow weight rating decal either.
As has been discussed numerous times.
I think everyone here will agree that your Tundra can/will TOW, more like drag with a strap or chain, what it's rated for, we all saw it move/drag the Space Shuttle & tv ads don't lie. The only issue, a biggy by the way, is it doesn't have the payload to CARRY that weight. Having sufficient payload to CARRY the load is crucial when discussing hitching up & towing RVs, MOVING spacecraft or other heavy objects not so much.
There are 1 ton trucks RATED to haul/move 30-40k lbs, but don't have 6000-8000lb payload to CARRY that much weight in/on the truck, making that huge tow rating a worthless piece of information in the RV world & should not be published by the truck manufacturers.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!
If I were buying new, GM or Ram would probably be decided by the flip of a coin (sorry Ford guys, yours wouldn't be in the running) &/or price depending on options. Both are great proven diesel options & good looking trucks.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote