Thread: Air Bags leak
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaElkHunter View Post
Okay I understand everyone needs to be safe, but why do all questions have to revert back to weights and payloads? I know I am probably over weight, but that was not in my question!!!! 2840 pin weight is not even close to the 5000 lbs rating for the air bags so it should not make them leak. It doesn't lead me to my problem.
The "simple answer" to your question: Momma used to ask, "If everybody else is jumping off the bridge into the river and drowning, do you think it's OK for you to jump too?"

Being safe is being safe, mentioning an overweight condition that "the OP might have not even realized" is doing them a favor more than "belittling them"... You'd be AMAZED at the people who simply take the salesman's word that "You can tow anything on the lot with that truck" and head down the road, truck overweight, trailer overweight (because he also told them, "There's enough storage space that you can take your full set of tools and everything else that you want to fit in there.")...

If it's unsafe, it's unsafe. On this forum, we're not afraid to talk about "the uncomfortable elephant in the room"....

What we won't allow is someone posting that the owner of an overweight RV rig is "stupid or dumb" for towing in that fashion.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote